Khatm-e-Nubuwwat is believing Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) as the Last of the Prophets. Almighty Allah has completed, stopped, and sealed the process of appointing Messengers and Prophets. After Hazrat Muhammad (P.B.U.H.), no prophet will be chosen. His prophethood is to continue until the end of time, and even after that, only one person will claim to be a Muslim who believes in Khatm-e–Nubuwwat.
“None is worthy of worship except Allah; Muhammad is the apostle of Allah (P.B.U.H.)
Almighty Allah clearly states in Holy Quran
“Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) is not fathering any Men. He is, however, the Messenger of Almighty Allah as well as the Last / Seal of the Prophets. Almighty Allah also has complete knowledge of all things.”
Almighty Allah has clearly announced the finalization of prophethood. Nearly one hundred (100), verses of the Holy Quran, and over two hundred (200), Sayings on Khatm-e-Nubuwwat of the Holy Prophet clearly and preciously indicate that the practice and appointing prophets is complete after Hazrat Muhammad U.H. Let’s look at some of the Sayings from holy Prophet on this.
“ I am the Last of all the Prophets. There is no Prophet after me.”
Hazrat Ab Amarah narrates that the Holy Prophet P.B.U.H Said
“I’m the Last of all the Prophets, and you’re the last of the Ummah.”
“I’m the seal of prophets, and you are the seal of Ummah.”
Following such a clear and explicit statement by Allah Himself and his last distinguished prophet regarding the end of the practice of appointing prophets, anyone who does not believe that is an atheist.
Many times, Islam’s enemies have tried to shatter the basic beliefs of Muslims but they failed. However, there are certain forces that are still trying to defile the belief in the finality of the Prophet Muhammad. The foundation of Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam-e-Nabbuwat is the reaction of one of these anti-Islamic propagandas.
Majlis Khatam-e-Nabbuwat is an Islamic organization that is focused on uniting the entire Muslim community under one faith (the finality of Prophet Muhammad).
The Role of Atta Ullah Shah Bukhari in the Foundation of the Organization
Atta Ullah Shah Bukhari has a key contribution to the foundation of the movement. He detached himself from every type of political alliance and assiduously devoted his life to the sanctity of prophethood. Due to his sincere and untiring efforts, he succeeded in refuting Qadianis as Muslims. Today, the organization has spread worldwide and its devotees are working all over the world.
The history of Majlis Khatam-e-Nabbuwat is very old. Its historical roots date back to 1880 when a person named Mirza Ghulam Ahmad who belonged to the Qadiani group, claimed to be the prophet of Islam. Muslims opposed this grim activity with full force. In this way, Muslim society was divided into two groups, Ahmadi Muslims and others. However, after the establishment of Pakistan, many riots took place and several people were killed. Hence, the organization obtained its spark in 1953. This Khatam-e-Nabbuwat movement was initiated by Atta Ullah Shah Bukhari in 1954. The Muslims had the following major demands
- Ahmadiyyas should be declared non-Muslims
- People of the Ahmadiyya community should be expelled from top government posts
- Sir Muhammad Zafar Ullah Khan should be removed from the post of the foreign ministry.
In no time, the movement spread across the whole country and all religious leaders stood against declaring Ahmadiyya as non-Muslims.
1974 – The Year of Victory for the Organization
The efforts of Majlis Khatam-e-Nabbuwat were fruitful. In 1974, many Islamic religious leaders like Shah Ahmad Noorani Siddiqui started the movement to prove Ahmadis as non-Muslims. Hence, it was recorded in the Constitution of Pakistan (1973) in its second amendment that followers of Mirza Ghulam Ahmad are non-Muslims.
The Objective of the Organization
The most important objectives of the organization “Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam-e Nubuwwat” are listed below
- Aalmi Majlis Khatm e-Nubuwwat has no political ambitions or struggles.
- It aims to preach Islam and preserve the faith in the finality of the Prophethood of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H in particular).
Activities and the Current Status of the Organization
- Literature and Islamic books are freely available in all languages.
- Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatm-e-Nubuwwat produces a weekly “Khatm-e-Nubuwwat”, from Karachi, and a monthly “Laulak”, from Multan. The world can access free copy material and study materials through the world wide web.
- Twelve religious schools and fifty offices are fully operational in the country.
- Chenab Nagar is home to two grand mosques and two seminaries, which are managed by Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatm–e-Nubuwwat.
- A central secretariat for “Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam-e-Nubuwwat”, Multan, through “Darul Muballigheen (Center of preachers), “Darul Tasneef” “Centre of writers” and a seminary that serve all Muslims around the world.
- Alami Majlis Thaffuz Khatm e-Nubuwwat organizes conferences and preaching in many countries around the globe, e.g. U.K., U.S., and Africa To preach Islam, the sanctity, and Prophethood of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (P.B.U.H.) and to believe in the finality the Prophethood the Holy Prophet Muhammad.
Faith of Khatam-e-Nabbuwat Organization
The belief in Khatm-e -Nubuwwat is the foundation of unity within the Muslim Ummah. All expounders and exegetics agree on the meanings of Khatm-e Nubuwwat. I.e. There is no type of Prophet or messenger after Hazrat Mohammed (P.B.U.H). Concordat also states that the meanings and appropriations of Khatm-e Nubuwwat are the only ones available. Khatm-e Nubuwwat’s abnegator (denier), is Allah’s last messenger and coherence for the Muslim Ummah. The Khatm-e-Nubuwwat Denier is a traitor and infidel. His punishment is the same as that of Muselema Kazzab. All Muslims, may Allah grant you the grace to bind and cling to Hazrat Muhammad and to adhere to the teachings and spirit of Islam.
Impact of the Organization
By the grace of Allah, and secondly, through the efforts of Alami Majlis Tahaffuz Khtm-e Nubuwwat, thirty thousand Qadianees repented from the heresy of Qadianism and embraced Islam. With the positive and reformative preaching and service of Aalmi Majlis Tahaffuz Khatam-e Nubuwwat, Qadianees renounced their heretics and repudiators to embrace Islam inside and outside Pakistan.